1) He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
- He that remains/endures/cause to marry in the covering/the protected place of the most High shall abide under the defence of the Almighty.
2) I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God; in him will I trust.
- I will say of the Lord, He is my trust, my hope and my defence, my hold, my God; in him will I trust.
3) Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler and from the noisome pestilence.
- Surley he shall deliver thee from the net of entanglement and from the very wicked talker, destroyer.
4) He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
- He shall cover thee with his wings and under his border, his uttermost part shalt thou trust: his faithfulness, his assurance shall be thy target, thy hook, and surround you.
5) Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
- Thou shalt not be afraid because of fear by night; nor for the darts, or the piercers that flieth by day;
6) Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
- Nor for the talkers, the destroyers that walketh in obscurity, in private; nor for the destroying , the ruins that devastate at noonday.
Karen Clark-Sheard – Secret Place: